Globe Broadband FAQs
11. What do I do if my PC gets infected with a virus/malware/spyware?
If your PC becomes infected, first make sure to back up all the files that you have saved on your PC. Then do a scan on your PC, using your anti-virus/anti-malware/anti-spyware software. The scan will help you to find the infected file, and to delete or quarantine it so that it doesn't harm any of the other files on your PC. For viruses or spyware that disrupt the normal operations of your computer, consult the technician at your favorite PC store.
12. How do I set up my Globe Broadband internet connection?
The speed of your broadband Internet connection depends on many different things, like:
- What broadband package you have chosen.
- The capacity of your computer hardware and software.
- The website that you are visiting on the Internet.
- The number of PCs that you have hooked up to your broadband connection.
13. How do I set up my Wireless Globe Broadband internet connection?
For Wired Globe Broadband plans, installation will be done by our Globe Broadband service team, who will ensure that you have everything you need to have your connection (for both Internet-only and Internet-and-Landline plans) up and running. For Wireless Globe Broadband plans, you can do installation yourself, using the step-by-step instructions found in the Systems and Configurations part of this manual. Just make sure that you have the following items:
For Wireless Globe Broadband Plan (Internet only): ZTE MF600 HSDPA Wireless Access Modem and the included Ethernet cable.
For Wireless Globe Broadband Plan (Landline and Internet), you will have one of the following depending on your plan:
- ZTE MF600 HSDPA Wireless Access Modem and the included Ethernet cable, phone cable and Globe telephone set.
OR Axesstel CDMA 1xEV-DO High-Speed Wireless Modem and the included Ethernet Cable and Axesstel L450/L800/L1900 Fixed Wireless Phone Unit.
If you need more help, just call our Customer Care Hotline at (02) 919-8888 for NCR/Luzon or (032) 410-8888 for the Visayas and Mindanao.